Aldersgate Special Needs Sunday—Aug 9, 2020
Aldersgate does not receive funds from apportionments and depends on contributions from churches, groups, and individuals. We thank those who have faithfully contributed. Your support makes it possible for us to care for our residents and three homes, as well as plan for the future.
Aug. 9, 2020, is designated as Aldersgate Special Needs Sunday by the South Carolina Conference. Please consider a special offering on this day, or choose another Sunday that works for your church.
We realize worship will look different this August, and we hope the options below will allow your congregation to support Aldersgate in a safe manner. The COVID-19 crisis has been hard on our residents who are used to being active in the community. We ask for your continued prayers and support during this especially challenging year.
Ways to plan and participate
- Place an announcement in your church newsletter and promote on social media. Example..
- Safely share flyers and envelopes by placing them at the rear of the sanctuary beside an offering basket.
- Show a short video about Aldersgate before collecting an offering.
- Read Xavier’s story to the congregation before collecting an offering.
- Remind the congregation they may give online at aldersgatespecialneedsministry.org.
- If your church accepts online giving, consider an online collection with donations designated to Aldersgate.